Easy to make moist and delicious banana muffins that are healthy and perfect for breakfast! They are vegan , gluten free, and refined sugar free!
Most people love bananas, they are great “to go” snack. Kids can eat them without making a mess. They do raise your blood sugar quickly, giving you a momentary energy boost, that’s why a lot of health enthusiasts attack bananas. Many people eat too many of them in one day, thinking that its healthy and that’s ok!
“Any healthy food can lead to gain weight if you eat too much of it”
The main reason is bananas are mostly contain simple sugars, therefore its advised to eat other food that has protein and/or healthy fats. You can add some peanut butter, Greek yogurt, or a cup of milk.
Food bloggers, have you been asked this question before, “Do you eat what you make”?
I’ve read before that this is one of the frequent questions. But when an actual person asked me this question, I thought it’s a strange question! And I even felt offended. What do they think I do with it? Throw it away? I feel that beneath this question, another one, that can you really make this? Are they edible? (that was a question about green smoothies). I may have exaggerated a little, but that’s how I felt.
So YOU know my readers, I always try to create recipes from my household items, or buy new items one at time, so I ensure nothing got wasted. I do create healthy recipes that I know I will eat, and people would actually try them, and they will benefit from them, and help them feel better.
Why you should add banana to your diet:
- It’s a good source of vitamin B6 and vitamin C, also it’s high in potassium and manganese, and other minerals.
- It can lower blood pressure, because the potassium in it helps balancing the its ratio to sodium in the blood.
- It makes you happy because it has the amino acid tryptophan converted to a serotonin , a neurotransmitter that helps you improve your mood .
- It Makes you feel relaxed, since it has magnesium, and potassium which known to be muscle relaxants.
Dark spot on banana myth or not?
Now there was a famous Japanese study, found that dark spot on banana contain a compound that fight cancer cells. Unfortunately, this study was reviewed, and it’s found unreliable. Because the result was misunderstood, and the amount of the compound called tumor necrosis factor is not enough to cause a damage to cancer cells.
Caution: Banana can cause allergic reactions that can be mild or sever.
These muffins are sweetened with dates and banana themselves, so they only subtle sweet. If you like sweet muffins, try another unrefined sugar option. These muffins are also oil free, thank to tahini paste, it’s healthy and add healthy fats that make the muffins more satisfying. If you look for other muffins recipes, you will love these carob muffins.
- ½ cup mashed over ripe banana
- 4 Tb Tahini paste
- 4 Tb date syrup ( 50g dates)
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- 2 Tb coco powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 180 C, 375f .
- Soak dates in hot water and set aside (at least 20 minutes)
- Mix flour, baking powder, coco powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- Blend the dates until it reach your desired consistency. In this recipes, it's better if it more liquidy
- In big bowl, mix tahini, mashed banana, and dates.
- Now add flour mix gradually to the banana mix, Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter in greased muffin tins, and bake for 16 minutes.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature.
- Keep them for couple of days only.