Happy 4th of July 🙂
For this special occasion I prepared for you this refreshing cold soup that has cucumber and pears together. It’s savory but has a bit of sweetness. It’s very healthy and packed with vitamins and antioxidants and gluten free too!
Again happy 4th of July! For my american readers, I know there are many of you, thanks a lot for your support and I hope you are enjoying this long weekend, and what better than cold appetizer to enjoy with the barbecue, and no cooking needed!
This yogurt-based soup is inspired by a soup I made before, I’m such a soup fanatic! But this one with pears, is really something! Remember my other soup with yogurt, the arugula one? That one was a hot one. and pears here give a sweetness and extra freshness to the soup! Yes I’m making more and more recipes of pears, because why not?
A refreshing vegetable, botanically it’s fruit, and it’s healthy for you because:
- That is mostly water, so it’s perfect for hydration.
- It’s very low in calories, and have zero fats, and high amount of vitamin K.
- Has some plant compounds called cucurbitacins that may have role in cancer treatment.
A cold Spanish soup that contain tomato , cucumber and green red pepper. of course there are so many varieties, and today I made some twists. I didn’t add tomato in the mix but left it as an option, because as it really delicious, but will overcome the pears taste, so it’s up to you of course!
- 3 medium cucumbers peeled
- 1 small green bell-pepper
- 2 medium pears peeled
- 4 Tb yogurt
- ½ Tb olive oil
- 1 inch of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp of white vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tb of water
- Dollop of salsa
- In a strong blender, mix ginger, garlic, olive oil, and yogurt together.
- Then add cucumber, bell pepper, pears, and blend again.
- Add the vinegar and season the soup and blend for the last time, until desired consistency , You may need to add water.
- Serve cold with a dollop of salsa .
- Refrigerate any leftovers.