Crunchy and gooey pumpkin oatmeal bars that are packed with nutrients, antioxidants and fibers. Great for breakfast on the go, or as a snack, These bars are vegan , refined sugar free, and gluten free!
Pumpkin is one of my favorite autumn fruits, unfortunately I can’t get access to fresh pumpkin here 🙁 they are all big, not suitable for cooking. Even I tried, of course it was super fibrous.
I always thought if my recipes are good enough or should I add something new. Bur I guess, few basics recipes everyone should master like these bars. And you would know by now that oatmeal is my favorite grain and I like to add it to everything I love and everything I can! Pumpkin with oatmeal, sounds terrific right? So I thought, with help of libby’s pumpkin can, that would make delicious quick pumpkin oatmeal bars.
I can’t even believe that I have only one recipe on the blog for pumpkin , which is this creamy pumpkin polenta porridge which was truly amazing and very easy! I think I’m going to add more soon
why this pumpkin oatmeal bars
These pumpkin oatmeal bars are healthy for you because:
- It has pumpkin, A 100 g of of it, your daily needs from vitamin A . Also has good amounts of vitamin C, fibers, beta-carotene antioxidant, potassium, and manganese.
- It’s low in fat, sugar, and calories.
- It has oatmeal that is naturally gluten free whole grain, and it can reduce cholesterol, blood pressure.
- Coconut oil has saturated fatty acids like lauric acid, and there are many health benefits that are not proven yet. This is a study for virgin coconut oil can lower cholesterol in rats. We need more studies for it, on the human.
- 1 pumpkin puree can
- 200g oatmeal
- 20g crushed almonds
- 70g crushed cashews
- 4 Tb coconut sugar
- 3 Tb oat flour
- 1 Tb pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375f /180C.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix gentley
- On a baking sheet, line parchment paper and pour the mix. By a back of spoon or a spatula, make the mix even.
- Put in the oven for 12 minutes maximum, or until its golden brown and still soft from the center, it will harden after you get it of the oven.
- Get it out of the oven and wait until it's cold, then cut into bars.
- Keep them in air tight container.
- If it's very hot where you live, you may want to keep them in the refrigerator.