A tasty creamy pasta that gives you the comfort you look for after along day! It’s gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
Hello there, I’m participating in fun race 10 km in Amman marathon again! Actually it’s tomorrow, and do you know what do you need to eat before a race? CARBS! While I’m not fan of high carb diet or even moderate for weight loss purposes. It’s necessary to eat moderate to high carbs before the race. it’s based on a concept called ” carb loading” I’m gonna write about it in details in another post.
Now let’s talk about pasta
Again I’m not a big fan of pasta. It’s good, not like I hate it, but sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable. Since some types are higher in gluten than others. So from time to time, I just eat regular pasta and other times I opt for a gluten free one, like the one for our recipe today. It doesn’t taste not the same, but close enough for a good meal!
This kind of pasta in mainly made of corn flour. That’s why its ‘look yellow. You will find many options in the market, experiment with different ones, until you find a one that you love.
Why this pasta dish is good for YOU
- It has walnuts , it’s a great source of antioxidants and that’s help reducing inflammation, which helps in decreasing the risk of many lifelong chronic disease.
- It has garlic that is a low calorie food, that has high amounts of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, B6 and manganese.
I usually add chicken to pasta, however, sometimes I find it tastier without any kind of meats. You can add raw garlic or sauteed garlic or roasted one for this recipe. I went with a sauteed one, it makes is it tastes good without being overpowering like when it’s roasted. If you like less garlic tasty but strong, and mildly sweet, go for roasted. But don’t add raw garlic.
Note: if you like just a hint of garlic in your dishes, you can add 1 tsp of garlic powder to the cream and skip the garlic.
- 110g Gluten free penne pasta (you can go for regular)
- Few garlic gloves finely minced
- Olive oil 2 Tb divided
- Cashew cream 120ml
- 1 Tb almond flour (or any gluten free flour)
- 2-3 Walnuts (crushed, small pieces)
- Onion powder ½ tsp
- A dash of Salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- Fresh Parmesan (optional, and skip if you are vegan)
- In a big pot with boiling water, add dash of salt, 1 tsp of olive oil, and add your type of pasta and let it there for 8-11 minutes.
- In a small pan, heat ½ TB of olive on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Then add garlic and walnuts and saute for 2 minutes.
- Mix the cream with flour.
- In a small pot, add the sauteed garlic and walnut, and add another ½ Tb of olive oil, then add the cream mix. let them on stove for five minutes, until the flavors mixed together.
- Strain pasta, let it cool a bit, then add the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle Parmesan , dried oregano and enjoy!