A chewy gooey carrot cake oatmeal bars that are easy to make, perfect for a snack or breakfast on the go! They are vegan , gluten free, and refined sugar free too!
I truly love carrot cake in all forms! First time I made a carrot cake flavored food, was pancakes 🙂 I made them on my birthday morning, five years ago. It’s a great start to a birthday , a new you , and they are a great start to any day actually! And from that day, carrot cake always on my mind! I always save new recipes of carrot cake or carrots recipe in general to my pinterest account.
So be it Muffin, a cake with the cream cheese frosting (between, it’s my least favorite, I feel the frosting take away the good taste of spices) cookies and pancake! Or bars! And that is what I made for YOU today! They are very easy to make, you need one bowl and less than 30 mins to finish!
Why carrots are healthy for you
- Carrots are nutritious, having more than RDA (recommend daily allowance) of vitamin A, and has other vitamins too. This study shows that carrots protect from prostate cancer but we need more studies to confirm this result. Also drinking carrot juice increase the antioxidant status in the body.
- It has lutein, a caroteniod antioxidant that is important for eye, and cognitive health.Though its better to have it from food, rather than supplements. Further research is needed to confirm health benefits of lutien.
- It low calorie food, zero fat and cholesterol and has good amounts of fibers.
- 1 medium carrots finely grated
- 150g old fasioned oatmeal
- 4 Tb oat flour
- 50g almonds halves
- 3 Tb coconut sugar
- 1 Tb ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tb maple syrup
- 4 Tb coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375f /180C.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix gentley
- On a baking sheet, line parchment paper and pour the mix. By a back of spoon or a spatula, make the mix even.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes maximum, or until its golden brown and still soft from the center, it will harden after you get it of the oven.
- Get it out of the oven and wait until it's cold, then cut into bars.
- Keep them in air tight container.
- If it's very hot where you live, you may want to keep them in the refrigerator.