Healthy plum and white cheese pizza that is soft , and pillowy. It’s bursting of flavors, and different textures all are in harmony. This pizza is a great option for lunch, snack, side, dessert, or even at breakfast (I did that). It is sweet, salty, nutritious, and gluten free too!
This is my kind of dream come true pizza. I’m not a huge fan of pizza, but if I want to put one together, I want to throw unusual toppings. Ones that speak of adventure, strength, and bit of sweetness, or lots of it! Life is so brutal, and the last thing we want is an ordinary pizza for lunch. Remember my other pizza? The one with brie and dried apricots? It was extremely delicious, but this one is much lighter and healthier.
Going adventurous in food choices, feels like a revolution on all the norms. This white cheese pizza that is sweet, and little bit salty, and have a great combo of different textures, you taste with every bite. Middle eastern white cheese, green spinach , and juicy plums, all drizzled with honey balsamic dressing . What to ask more? Ah, to be healthier, it’s made with gluten free dough. One, that is easy on your stomach, and barley felt like you eat a pizza.
Why this white cheese pizza
- It has white cheese that has good amounts of protein and moderate fat content, and leaves you full and satisfied.
- It has plums that has good amounts of fibers, vitamin C, and vitamin K
- It has spinach that is that is high in B vitamins like C, B2 and folate that is critical for pregnant women, and it has good amounts of minerals like iron and calcium too. I’ve talked in depth about it here when I compared it with kale
- It’s gluten free and very light pizza, and very easy to put together.
You can find white cheese in middle eastern shops, however, you can replace it with feta, cotija , or even halloumi cheese.
- 1.5 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 Tb Dried Milk
- 4 Tb Yogurt
- 2 Tb Vegetable Oil
- 0.5 Tb Yeast
- 1 Tb Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Warm water, about half cup
- 2 medium plums sliced juvenille
- Spinach (as you desire)
- 2 ounces white cheese slices
- Balsamic glaze:
- 1 Tb honey, 3 Tb good quality balsamic vinegar
- Combine dry ingredient together.
- Now make a hole, and start adding wet ingredient slowly.
- Knead at least 15 minutes, and set the dough aside for couple of hours in a warm setting.
- Preheat the oven at 400 f, use non stick baking sheets, or use an oil spray, or just grease the sheet it with vegetable oil lightly.
- Roll the pizza and let it rest.
- After 15 minutes , add plums and white cheese as you wish, then sprinkle dried mint
- Put in the oven for
- remove from the pan , add spinach , drizzle the honey balsamic and enjoy
- Refrigerate any leftover, or even put in the freezer for later.