A crunchy toasted quinoa with juicy fresh peach are mixed together and drizzled with mint pesto. A dish that is bursting with fresh summer flavors and packed with nutrients, and it’s gluten free too!
This recipe is fairly easy and so delicious. It’s perfect for lunch on a hot day or just any day! I love peaches and I feel they deserve more attention, and more savory recipes. So I made this easy salad for you!
Why this peach salad
- Because it has quinoa, and it’s very healthy for you.
Because it has peaches and
- It is high in Vitamins like A and C, and minerals like potassium.
- In a study by T&M , they found that peaches and other stone fruits have bio-active compounds that help fighting the syndrome X the disease that believed to be one of the causes of chronic diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
It has abundance of mint and
- lt has high antioxidant activity, also it’s antimicrobial and anti-tumor, and can work as anti-allergic too.
- It helps in indigestion, flatulence, and gases.
- A natural breath freshener.
Its very healthy edible seeds that are very healthy. I’ve wrote before all you need to know about quinoa
- 2 medium peaches
- ½ cup of toasted quinoa
- mint pesto
- ½ cup of chopped mint
- 1 Tb Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1 Tb pine nuts
- A pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese.
- In a wide skillet, add quinoa and toaste it for 15 minutes on low to medium heat, you will hear a popping sound, that's when you know it's done.
- In a blender, add the ingredients of the mint pesto
- Start blending in pulses.
- You can add extra olive oil to get a smooth texture.
- Now put mint in a desired bowl, and arrange the peaches in any way you like.
- Add the toasted quinoa to the peaches and mint
- Drizzle mint pesto over and serve , and add Parmesan or feta cheese for garnishing and extra flavor!
- Refrigerate leftovers