Crunchy, creamy , and slightly sweet strawberry and thyme coconut pudding parfait makes a great breakfast, snack or a healthy treat! Delicious and packed with nutrients too! It’s vegan and can gluten free too!
Let me tell you, it’s strawberry season, and I bring some home every time I go grocery shopping. Seriously? Who can resist it? My son loves it as snack, he eats it as soon as he comes from the school. Me, I love it in all forms, and I made many recipes with it. However, I prefer to eat it as it is. Raw, fresh, and sweet, and the fastest way of course. I wanted to make a great recipes few weeks ago, and I actually tried , but I made a fatal mistake, and the recipe has failed. A tragedy for a food blogger, especially who is tight on time. So, I decided to make something easier, delicious, rich in flavors, with little cooking needed , and finished in less than 20 minutes! You can eat it right away, but it’s much tastier when it’s cold.
Why you should eat strawberry
- It’s low in calories, with good amounts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants like Lycopene!
- It has Vitamin C more than you need in a day! Also its a good source of magnesium, and folate.
- The real health benefits are coming from antioxidants like antohcyanin, flavonoids.
- It does lower cholesterol too. This study found that, the more strawberries you eat, the more antioxidants your body absorb.
My favorite food item ever! In a form of milk , cream , oil, grated, dried flakes .. etc. But, when it’s raw, I find it poor in flavor! Not sure why, and I tried the water many years ago. I guess I should give it another try !
I’ve used coconut milk , oil, and cream , a lot on the blog. It’s vegan , yet satisfying and very healthy, and it can be mixed with sweet dishes and savory as well. Healthy fats from coconut milk, called medium chain fatty acid (lauric acid) when its enters the body it converted to another compound called monolaurn which is antiviral and antibacterial.
Coconut oil has Saturated fatty acids like lauric acid, and there are many health benefits that are not proven yet. This is a study for virgin coconut oil can lower cholesterol in rats. we need more studies for it, on the human.
And finally this recipe has the oatmeal base, the crunchy rolled oats give a nice texture to this creamy fruit parfait, and it’s even taster when it’s mixed with coconut oil and little maple syrup!
- Strawberry layer :
- 50g around 4 to 5 big pieces
- Leaves of 1 spring of thyme or more
- A squeeze of lemon
- ½ Tb maple syrup
- Coconut layer:
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 3 Tb grated coconut
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Oatmeal base:
- ½ Tb maple syrup
- 3 Tb old fashioned oatmeal
- ½ Tb coconut oil
- Cut the strawberry in a diced cubes, big ones.
- In a medium pot, add maple syrup, thyme, strawberry on a low heat, add a squeeze of lemon, and let them simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix coconut oil with maple syrup in a small bowl thoroughly, transfer them to your cup of preferred bowl and pressed the mix.
- Mix cornstarch with enough water, around ¼ to ½ tsp until its dissolved completely.
- Add coconut cream and grated coconut to a small pot, put it on a low heat, rise the heat a little, and add corn starch, let it to a gentle boil, then pour over the oatmeal base.
- Wait 5 minutes , then gently pour the strawberry mix.
- You can serve it immediately or Chill it for few hours.
- Keep it for a couple of days only.