This creamy luscious simple sweet potato soup is what you need to make this fall. It’s on the sweet side, but it’s nutritious, high in fibers and antioxidants. And it happens to be vegan and gluten free too.
But this delicious soup deserves good photos and here I did it.
Why do you need to add sweet potato to your diet:
There are so many health benefits of sweet potato, to mention a few :
- It covers you daily need of vitamin A.
- The orange color form the good amounts of beta carotene antioxidant, which may reduce the rick of some cancers, and heart diseases.
- It has good amounts of minerals like potassium, manganese, calcium and magnesium.
- Its has low value of glycemix index, which means eating it, doesn’t raise you sugar blood level, which will good for diabetic patients.
This soup is vegan, gluten free and dairy free. If you want a rich soup, you may add chicken broth instead of water, just make sure it’s gluten-free, but it won’t be a vegan choice.
And the last thing is this soup is definitely low in sodium and it’s very fulfilling, you won’t feel hungry for hours!
- 2 Tb olive oil.
- I small onion.
- 3 cloves garlic crushed.
- 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- 3 medium carrots cut into cubes.
- 3 medium sweet potato cut into cubes.
- 3 cups of water.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp. of salt, cajun, and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a medium pot.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato cubes, carrot cubes, and water.
- Let them boil simmered for 20 min or, until the sweet potato, and carrots are soft.
- Remove the pot from the stove. Blend the soup, then returned it again to the stove.
- Add coconut milk and seasonings, let it uncovered for 10 min.
- Serve it hot, or cold.
- Refrigerate any leftovers