These chocolate energy date balls are fun to make, with a texture of gooey cookie dough. They are healthy and packed with nutrients. They are also gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan.
Hello friends 🙂 how are you? I hope you are having a good time 🙂
I know it’s been so long since I posted a new recipe or post. Well, I know I took long breaks before, but this time was for more legitimate reasons, well at least to me. I caught up with life , and really wanted to have more time away from the screens. Also, trying new things was on my list , and I traveled for a month too 😉
Last year in December, I ran my first half marathon 21 km. It was a great experience, I couldn’t believe that I can run this long distance, but my sister encouraged me a lot. I spent time on training, and needed more time for recovery :D. You know I did fun races 10km before , like for supporting a cause like this one for autism or for the support for local initiative for a mental health support . Running is always awesome, I still remember my first marathon it, was exciting, will always it is , whatever is your motive!
And I just starting selling my products, it’s so nice to see your original recipes turned into actual products, and customers are loving them. Well I’m still exclusive for Kava rosters, which they are one of my favorite cafes here. I make pistachio bars , and pumpkin bars for now, and more items will be available too. For who lives in Jordan, which items or a recipe you would love to try?
And I traveled to Dubai for one month, and I had great time 🙂 and I will share with you all about it, and some of my favorite spots there in a different post.
Now let’s go to the recipe:
I’m back with such an easy recipe, because, I still have an issue with time management (as always 🙁 ). Moreover, I was somewhat depressed, and it was difficult to experiment in the kitchen, yet even baking a simple cake or cookies.
Dates are staple in my house, and actually in most houses in the middle east. I’ve talked a lot about dates on the blog, and I made so many recipes with it. But actually, this is the straight forward one, and hence the easiest.
Why these date balls
- They are gooey like cookie dough balls.
- They are healthy , and packed with nutritious items like oatmeal and maca powder.
- Easy to make, and have a long shelf life. Also, great option to grab on the go, or after workout.
And why chocolate?
IT HAS MANY NATURAL AND CHEMICAL COMPOUNDS THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU HEALTH:
- Tryptophan which is a essential amino acid . It plays a major role in serotonin production (a hormone has a significant role in balancing mood).
- Flavonoinds : In this study they found that cocoa enhance mood, but there is no effect on better cognitive ability. Even in this article of cocoa health benefits the researchers suggested that cocoa may have a role in prevention, or treatment for weight loss, cancer, allergies, and mood enhancing .All of that is, because cocoa has compounds that effect neurons also, because of antioxidants contents.
- Polyphonylic compounds : In this review cocoa has a potential role in protection from cancer,its damage the free radicals interfere with the initiation and progression of cancer cells.
It’s an ancient super-food that is very good for you. I’m gonna write a post about it, and its benefits.
- 700 g of dates .
- 1 Tb of maca powder
- 4 Tb of oat flour
- 4 T of coco powder,
- Optional: ½ Tb of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Pit the dates if they aren't already.
- Mix the coco powder with spices and oat flour. Then mix gradually with dates.
- Add coconut oil if you want the mix to be softer.
- Roll into balls, and enjoy them cold or at room temperature.
- They keep good and fresh for 1 week on the counter, you can refrigerate them to extend the shelf life.